Welcome to Discovery Childcare!
Our “learning through play” approach is applied in a secure, fun-loving, and stimulating environment where children’s diversity and individual differences are recognized and respected. Our staff members are diverse, well-trained, and strive to offer the best care in a cozy, family-oriented atmosphere. We are often told that our center feels like a home away from home!
Features of our daycare centre include:
- Owner is onsite daily!
- Nutritional hot lunches and snacks
- A complete, and secure, outdoor playground
- Birthday celebrations for your child!
- Long term, knowledgeable staff with full background checks and First Aid and CPR certification
- Fun field trips!
- Discovery Childcare provides an outreach program with Providence for children with delays or disabilities
- Discovery Childcare enjoys an ongoing program with the seniors at the Kirby Centre
- Conveniently located on the edge of Calgary’s Downtown
Our philosophy is based on the principle that children learn most by doing, and by actively being involved in a variety of developmentally beneficial child-initiated, as well adult-initiated, play activities. The major goal of our centre is to provide high quality childcare that gives children a solid foundation for their future development and growth.
This goal is achieved through the following objectives:
- Fostering each child’s positive self-concept
- Respecting each child’s individual differences
- Enhancing their social skills
- Nurturing communication and language development
- Stimulating their creative expression
- Extending each child’s capacity for thinking, reasoning, questioning, and experimentation
- Developing physical skills and coordination
- Providing sound health, safety, and nutritional practices
- Fostering each child’s development of self-control, self-respect, and respect for others
- Providing a caring, family environment
These objectives are implemented through our daycare program, which includes a variety of indoor and outdoor play activities:
- Free play time and activities
- Activities related to children’s interest and development
- Large group and small group activities, as well as individual activities
- Child-initiated activities, as well as adult-initiated activities
Discovery Child Care Inc. has a preschool program for children aged 3-5 that runs from 8:45AM – 11:45AM in our Sunflower Room, Raindrop Room, and Butterfly Room.
Discovery Child Care’s preschool program is within our full day child care program and is offered on a full time basis only. Our curriculum teaches the children to learn and give them the skills needed to be successful through kindergarten and beyond.
The children are required to wear uniforms from Monday to Thursday, this means Fridays are casual days!
The uniforms required are navy blue and white and are available from Walmart at a very affordable price. If you have any questions regarding our preschool program, please do not hesitate to ask!
What Do Our Fees Include?
- Healthy morning snack
- Healthy lunch
- Healthy afternoon snack
- Special guests
- Extracurricular activities and field trips
- Classroom supplies
- Storage space for child’s personal belongings
- Personal cot and sheet for quiet time
- Annual Christmas concert
- Preschool Graduation ceremony
A $150.00 non-refundable registration fee is payable at the time of registration as well as 50% of the total fees in order to secure your child care spot for the desired time frame.
||12 months-19 months
||19 months-36 months
||3 years-5 years
DROP IN RATE: $60.00/Day (24 hours notice is required)