Welcome to BabeCare Daycare!
Our program is based on Emergent Curriculum (Reggio Emilia Inspired) which is child centered, by using observations and plan according to their interests. We promote interactions, collaboration, cooperation, experiences and participation. We will expose the children to a variety of experiences and give them the freedom to expand and explore.
It is our goal to provide an opportunity for the child to develop and grow during their formation years, from 12 months to six years. We are commited to providing a caring environment to support this growth – physically, socially, emotionally and cognitively. Our philosophy is based on the following guidelines:
- BabeCare daycare is above all, a child’s place. BabeCare and Jewish Commnity Centre staff strives to protect and promote the daycare as such.
- Learning must be based on actual experience and participation. We will expose the children to a variety of experiences and give them the freedom to expand and explore.
- Teaching children social and intellectual skills will aid them in understanding and expressing their own emotions. Occasions will be allowed where the children may move about freely to make personal choices and individual contacts. Promoting good self-help skills will also allow the child to develop independence and self-esteem.
- A good program is based on stability, variety, regularity and flexibility. The activities will include dramatic play, arts and crafts, fine and gross motor activities, circle time, field trips and indoor and outdoor free play.
- Parents should be included as part of the life of the daycare. We encourage parents to get involved and participate in the program. Communicatoin is the key to success.
- To promote the child’s Jewish identity and awareness, the program will offfer experiences relating to the Jewish customs and holidays.