Welcome to Fun 2 Learn Pre-school!
*In Response to COVID-19, Fun 2 Learn Preschool is temporarily closed. However, we are still taking registration for September 2020. *
Our preschool has been established for more than 25 years. We offer a learning through play program for 3 to 5 year olds. Caring, qualified teachers provide a happy, stimulating environment for children to learn and play. All staff are certified in First Aid. Our facility is equipped with a large gym, where we play games and use a variety of gym equipment for the last 15 minutes of every class. Fun 2 Learn Preschool is licensed to operate as a Preschool under Alberta Family and Social Services.
Mon/Wed/Fri: morning class (9:00 to 11:30 am)
Mon/Wed/Fri: afternoon class (12:30 to 3:00 pm)
- This is a 2 1/2 hour program, costing $200.00 a month.
- These classes are for children eligible for ECS the following year,(i.e. the child must be 5 by December 31st to start Kindergarten that same calendar year)
- This pre-kindergarten class has an emphasis on reading readiness, especially vocabulary and phonics. Independent thinking is encouraged, early math concepts introduced and social skills and good manners are modeled.
- We introduce and work on one letter of the alphabet a week.
- Music & Play program once a month.
Tues/Thurs morning class (9:00 to 11:30am) is a class for 3 year olds.
- This is a 2 1/2 hour program, costing $170.00 a month.
- Our major goal is for children to become comfortable in a group situation. We emphasize sharing, listening, and good manners. Our aim is to improve the development of gross and fine motor skills through play and craft activities.
- Children must be 3 years old when school starts and FULLY potty trained.
- Music & Play program once a month.
Tues/Thurs afternoon class (12:30 to 3:00pm) is a mix of three and four year olds.
- This is a 2 1/2 hour program costing $170.00 a month.
- It is a combination of both our three and four year old programs.
5 afternoons classes (12.30-3.00pm) 4 year olds only costing $360.00 a month.
What We Have to Offer
- Licensed by the Government of Alberta. All staff members are screened with a valid police check with a vulnerable sector verification. All have first aid CPR/AED level B.
- A learn-through-play program
- Music & Play program once a month
- Exploring science once a month with a fun-filled science experiment
- Free speech and language assessment by a Registered Speech Language Pathologist
- We work with Foothills Creative Beginnings for children requiring PUF or Mild Moderate Speech
- Our emphasis is on sharing, manners and being kind to our friends.
- Three windows provide natural light into our bright and cheerful classroom.
- We have gym time every day in our large gymnasium.
- We provide a wonderful place for children and parents to make new friendships
- An open door policy for parents to visit our happy, busy classroom and volunteer if they wish to do so.
- We provide a small healthy snack served with water.
- On the first day of school we have a coffee social for the parent /caregiver while your child is acclimatizing to the classroom.
- We host 2 concerts/parties per year that parents, grandparents and care givers are invited to attend (Christmas and year end)
- Our year-end concert has a surprise entertainer.
- We have a variety of special days through the year; Pyjama Day, Crazy day, Teddy bears picnic day, etc.
- We compile a scrapbook of selected art and photos taken of your child throughout the year. Your child will take this “Book of Memories” home at the end of the school year
- We have a pet gerbil named Chewy.
- For a week in spring we get 3 baby ducklings to observe, hold and swim in our classroom
- We offer the opportunity for the four year old classes to experience baking different creations throughout the year.
- Parents are NOT required to serve on committees, to wash toys, or make play doh, etc.
- We are a peanut free school, and are happy to make accommodations for any other allergies your child may have.