Welcome to Sunshine Daycare
For over 27 years we are known for the excellent care we give to both children and their families and community in general. Our goal at the center is to help children develop self-control and to learn appropriate social behaviors. We encourage children to have self-respect and respect for others. By encouraging and role modeling, we can help the children to develop self-control and respect for the needs of other people.
It is our belief that young children learn best through a wide variety of play experience that is specifically designed for their age group and promotes safe and healthy growth. To accommodate this, the staff to child ratio is as follows:
The learning process of our center is encouraged through organized daily routine with a balance of staff initiated and child directed activities. This provides a stimulating environment in which each child develops at it’s own rate and capability. The daily program/routine for each room is posted for you to view and parent suggestions are welcome. The program consists of free play ( toys, puzzles, water table, sand table, art and library ) also group activities, snack/meals, naptime and outdoor activities.
– Social interactions
– Creative Arts
Natures Walk, Parks, Calgary Zoo, Library, Food centers, Malls, Fire Station, Police Station.
Community Member Invites
e.g Librarian, Firemen, Policemen, Doctors, Beauticians, Nutritionist
Child Care Philosophy
- We believe that each child is to be treated as an equal regardless of sex, race, creed or religious beliefs.
- We believe that environment stimulates and enhances the development of a child’s social, emotional, physical and intellectual needs.
- We believe that children’s self esteem is enhanced in an environment where each child is treated with acceptance, trust and respect.
- We believe that the program must meet the needs of the whole child, not just certain aspects.
- We believe that for the center to be a means of family support, each child’s parent/family must also be treated with acceptance, trust and respect.
- We believe that co-operation between the parents, staff and management will enhance the child’s development in a positive manner.
- We believe that implementation programming meets the needs of the children’s interests and developmental needs.
- We believe that play allows children to learn naturally and provides opportunities for them to direct their own activities.
- We know that these beliefs put into practice will encourage children to develop in a positive way in all areas.